Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Lights of Pryncess Tiwi.

      College life was full of notes. What I mean by notes here are literally the notes for every subject in every class. I always tried my best to create proper notes on every subject, but it wasn’t always worked the way I planned. There were conditions when I was really tired to make a note or simply couldn’t hear what the lecturer said that day. Shortly, I couldn’t catch up and missed those notes.
Near the exam periods, I usually asked my friend’s kindness to lend me her notes and copied them so I could read and learn the exam materials by myself. It was the first time I noticed her. After copying her college notes, I got amazed by the handwritings. It was really neat. I love her fonts . It made me happy even when reading about boring college subjects.
People who can maintain a neat and easy to read handwritings are the perfectionist ones. It may sound irrational, but I completely agree with this belief, and I always keep that in my mind. Yeah, there were moments when I interested in learning the graphology, become the expert on that, and could understand the people’s personality just by reading their handwriting. But those moments were never come into reality. It just evaporated in my dream. In fact, I don’t know anything about reading handwriting style moreover their personality. But I still believe that she is a perfectionist.

As the time goes by, I started to learn about her. We became close; she is one of my inner circles now. Trying my best to think about her, I came up with that moment when I get amazed by her handwritings. Some of my hypotheses are true. She is a perfectionist, but in a good way. I still remembered, when we were in our last year of college, she told us that she wanted to wear braces. Wearing braces for some people is easy, they can ask her mama or papa to take them to the dentist and voila, they will go home with their teeth covered by the shiny braces. But for some people like her, getting to wear braces using her own money, which she gained by her own hard work, is some kind of an achievement. It was like a dream comes true. She is one of the people who inspire me to think forward about ourselves. It is true that we may not have everything we want now, but we should be patient and work hard. Eventually, we can get what we really, really want.
Our friends call her princess. Maybe it is because of her thin tone voice and her gracious attitude or her preference with gold and shimmering stuffs. Funny thing happened when we bought cupcakes for her latest birthday. We wanted to arrange the cupcakes to be written as “Happy Birthday Princess”. We found the mini happy birthday signage. We already found the “P”, “R”, “N”, “C”, “E” and “S”, but we couldn’t find the “I”. Therefore, we used the “Y” instead to replace the “I”. Finally, it read as “Happy Birthday Pryncess.” Surprisingly, it was cute, and because of that we keep on writing her name as Pryncess not Princess, until now.
Yes it is true that her voice is really soft, but you should not underestimate her. She can work like a horse and also stand up to defend her rights. So you better watch out, guys. Don’t take her graciousness wrong.
She is also one of the people who advise me in a way to make peace with my past. One evening, we met at a restaurant. We chatted about our life then I started to tell her about my past, about how I desperately want to forget about them. She said that, “You won’t forget them. You just can’t. Everywhere we go, we will take them as parts of us. Every place we have been with them, will remind us about them. So just stop trying to forget, because it will never be forgotten.” Oh God, why I never think that way?
All in all, I always try to learn something from people I met, including from my close friends. She is one of them. She is one of the people who taught me about surviving. Who taught me about the importance of setting goals for ourselves and working hard to fulfill them. She is our pryncess, who maybe without her realization, had taught her friends not only to be gracious, but also to always fight to reach the dreams.  
Pryncess Tiwi, keep shining like the diamonds in the sky!


No comments: